Thursday, April 05, 2007

Bumpers Ordered

I phoned Jorrit at Auto Forza a couple of days ago and arranged for him to order me some new bumpers. So as soon as they arrive I'll book the car in and get the bumpers replaced and have a couple of dents rolled out of the body. The car will then be looking as good as new, so I'll be able to post a few more more pictures, hopefully within a couple of weeks time.

In the meantime, I've been looking again at installing a data logger on the Ghibli, probably PLX Devices R-500 unit, pictured below.


I'd like to tie this into some of the Ghibli's electrical devices so that I can get a snapshot of the car's current performance so that I can monitor it and get an early indication of when things are not running smoothly. I'd also like to use the data as a reference for making future alterations to the car, in order to gaugue more accurately the impact that they're having on the performance of the car.

However, I need to find some "current thief" devices that I can use to clamp onto existing electical lines in order to prevent having to break the insulation on these wires to tap into the electrical signals. So I'm doing some research on this... but if anyone has any experience on this I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: